We get it, keeping track of your development to-do list can be overwhelming! That's why we've built in some automation to help you.
When SOOS provides fix recommendations for vulnerability issues, with the click of a button you can push the entire content of the recommendation directly into a new GitHub Issues ticket for your team to act on. There's no need to copy/paste, or open another window to create a ticket.
In this article we will make the required steps to integrate GitHub Issues with SOOS.
In order to give SOOS access to generate tickets in GitHub Issues, you must first integrate your GitHub account with the SOOS app. Follow the instructions in the GitHub Marketplace SOOS App Integration article.
- Once the integration is complete, you will be redirected back to the SOOS app and will see the following confirmation page:
- Select the Configure button to access the Issue Management Configuration.
- Set the Default Action to GitHub and select the desired repo from the dropdown. Your selections will auto-save.
- Verify in GitHub that the selected repo is configured to accept issue creation.
- Navigate to the main page of the repo.
- Under the repo name, select Settings.
- In the Features section, ensure that the Issues checkbox is checked.
- GitHub Issues settings will apply globally to SOOS, but can also be customized at the project level under Project Configuration.
Read about more to learn how to push recommended fixes into GitHub to enter your development workflow.